This week: Important Messages, Week 6 Ballet & Technique Schedule, Reminders, Audition Opportunities, Student Opportunities, Health & Wellness, Fridays Rotation Schedule & Announcements.
- Please do not forget to have shoes on outside of the dance studio!
- Campus Information Services
- Saturday, October 13th – New Brunswick Oktoberfest
- George Street will be closed from New Street to Bayard Street from 10am to 7pm
- Sunday, October 14th – New Brunswick Ciclovia
- Full and partial road closures on College Avenue, Hamilton Street, and George Street
- Roads will be closed from 10am to 4:30pm
- No parking permitted starting at 4am
- Hamilton street between College Avenue & George Street
- George Street between Hamilton & Bayard Streets
- College Avenue between Hamilton Street and Seminary Place
- Rutgers Transit System
- College Avenue Campus – Stops will only be made at the Student Activity Center on George Street.
- No service in the downtown area until the event concludes
- Saturday, October 13th – New Brunswick Oktoberfest
Week 6 Ballet & Technique Schedule
Students, please do not forget to register to vote by October 16th and to vote for the General Elections on November 6th.
For registration help please visit: RUVOTING
SAS Major and Minor Fair
Important Drop/Add Registration Dates:
- Monday, October 1st: Registration for Winter Session 2019 Begins
- Monday, October 8th: Spring 2019 schedule of classes will be available
- Sunday, October 28th: Pre-registration starts
- The minimum credit limit for MGSA undergraduates is 12.0, the maximum credit limit during unrestricted add/drop is 20.0 and the maxiumum credit limit: first day of the new semester is 24.0
- Schedule grids by year will be posted outside of Studio 110 in the upcoming week. Please check your Rutgers emails for any financial hold notifications. The notifications would be: MyRutgers Alert: Notification of Financial Hold. Check your spam folders for this notification as well. IF YOU HAVE A FINANCIAL HOLD, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REGISTER
- Monday, October 29th: Drop period WITH a “W” grade
- Monday, November 26th: Last day to withdraw from school – End of the 12th week.
Rutgers Office of Financial Aid
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) is now available
- File before the January 15, 2019 deadline to ensure that you are consider for all available aid
Open Performance is, “a program of non-curated shared showings of experimentation and work-in progress, for artists at all stages of their development”. Open performances take place on Tuesdays at 7pm at Eden’s Expressway (537 Broadway, New York, New York).
Applications for the Spring 2019 Season, “will go live at 10:00am EST on Saturday October 20th”.
For more information or to apply, visit Movement Research
Excessive Realness Summer 2019 Intensive
CALL FOR LGBTQIA+ Artists/Teachers/Performers for Excessive Realness 2019!
Excessive Realness, a dance intensive geared toward LGTBQIA+ dancers and performing artists, is calling for LGBTQIA+ teachers/artists/performers for the second dance intensive in the Boulder/Denver area either June 13th-16th or June 20th-23rd, 2019. The deadline to apply is October 31st!
To apply visit: Excessive Realness 2019 Summer Intensive
American Repertory Ballet
American Repertory Ballet is presenting Coppelia on Friday, October 19th at the State Theatre starting at 8:00PM. Student tickets will be $15 with the promo code RU15
To purchase tickets, visit: NJ State Theatre
Health & Wellness
Rutgers Health Services
Rutgers Health Services has two more dates for the Flu Vaccine Clinic! Those dates are November 13th at the Busch or Douglass Student Center and on January 29th at the Livingston Student Center & the Sojourner Truth Apartments. All clinics run from 1pm – 9pm and all you have to bring is your Student ID and Insurance Card.
For more information, please visit Rutgers Health Services
Want to know tips about the flu? Read below to find out more!
BFA and BA majors are invited to sign up for free Pilates Reformer small group sessions in the Dance Department Soma Center. Students can sign up for a once-a-week, hour-long session. Sessions are available Tuesdays and Wednesdays 4-7pm, and begin on Tuesday, Sept. 11th. The sign-up sheet for the first half of Fall semester is posted outside the Soma Center, and sign-up is on a first-come basis. Reformer classes are a wonderful opportunity to supplement your dance training, so please take advantage of this opportunity if your schedule permits.
Fridays Rotation Schedule
- Kyle Marshall
- Kyle Marshall Choreography will be performing in Jersey City over the next few months. Please see below for the list of events and where to purchase a ticket.
- Sunday October 14th from 12pm – 4pm: AUNTS x Open House at Mana Contemporary FREE RSVP Here
- Friday, November 2nd starting at 8pm: Your Move Dance Festival at Loew’s Theater Click Here to Purchase Tickets
- Friday, November 30th starting at 7pm and December 1st starting at 2pm: County Prep High School
- Your Move Modern Dance Festival – Friday, November 2nd at 7:30pm and Sunday November 4th at 2pm & 5pm will have works from the following alumni
- Lauren Connolly – Connoly & CO.
- Joe Monteleone – Monteleone Dance
- Javier Padilla – The Movement Playground
- Morgan Refakis – Co-producing the event
- Adriana Santoro & Artists